AP Intego is the leader in business insurance, providing traditional and specialty lines of insurance for the small business owner. Their insurance quoting app was experiencing a low completion rate with its users and I was tasked to understand why.
I used FullStory.com to observe users interacting with the quoting app. FullStory is a 3rd party usability solution that records the users' cursor and click actions while they use the web application.
1. Stopping work-flow: Slider selection is not intuitive; users performed a click, not a slide gesture.
2. Slowing Workflow: Chat icon in the way.
3. Slowing Workflow: Extra input displays when officer's name is entered.
4. Slowing Workflow: Data entry is not intuitive. Instructions in field disappear after user enters a value.
5. Slowing Workflow: Number incrementer not mobile friendly for touch.
6. Slowing Workflow: Breadcrumbs are not interactive. User has no way to navigate back and forth through the workflow.
To help show a better solution to the development and business teams, an interactive protoype was created. I chose a low fidelity option to help explain and keep focus on the workflow.