by AP Intego
AP Intego is the leader in business insurance, providing traditional and specialty lines of insurance for the small business owner. Their insurance quoting app was experiencing a low completion rate with its users and I was tasked to understand why.
I used FullStory.com to observe users interacting with the quoting app. FullStory is a 3rd party usability solution that records the users' cursor and click actions while they use the web application.
1. Stopping work-flow: slider selection is not intuitive; users performed a click, not a slide gesture.
2. Slowing Work-flow: chat icon in the way
3. Slowing Work-flow: extra input displays when officer's name is entered
4. Slowing Work-flow: data entry is not intuitive; instructions in field disappear after user enters a value
5. Slowing Work-flow: number incrementer not mobile-friendly for touch
6. Slowing Work-flow: chat icon in the way
Final Low Fidelity Prototype
To help show a better solution to the development and business teams, an interactive protoype was created. I chose a low fidelity option to help explain and keep focus on the work-flow.